Here, you’ll find all the information you need regarding marriage licenses in Bernalillo County. Please click on any of the images below for more details about a specific topic.
The marriage license office is located on the first floor at Alvarado Square, 415 Silver Ave. SW.
BY LAW, THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE IS THE ONLY AGENCY PERMITTED TO ISSUE MARRIAGE LICENSES.
All marriage license applications are permanently filed, as are marriage records.
The cost of a marriage license is $25. Cash or credit cards are accepted.
MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Both applicants need to be present.
- Both applicants need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Both applicants are required to provide two current official forms of government issued identification (Driver’s License/ID, Passport, Visa, or original Birth Certificate). Names must match on all forms of identification.
- Parental consent if 16 or 17 years of age.
- Court order if 15 years of age.
For additional questions, please call the Marriage License information line (505) 468-1290, choose option 4.
Also keep in mind that:
- Marriage licenses are issued and valid immediately.
- Marriage licenses do not expire.
- A Marriage License must be obtained BEFORE the ceremony takes place.
- Blood tests are not required.