BY LAW, THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE IS THE ONLY AGENCY PERMITTED TO ISSUE MARRIAGE LICENSES.
All marriage license applications are permanently filed, as are marriage records.
The cost of a marriage license is $25. Cash or credit cards are accepted.
MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Both applicants need to be present.
- Both applicants need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Both applicants are required to provide two current official forms of government issued identification (Driver’s License/ID, Passport, Visa, or original Birth Certificate). Names must match on all forms of identification.
- Parental consent if 16 or 17 years of age.
- Court order if 15 years of age.
For additional questions, please call the Marriage License information line (505) 468-1290, choose option 4.
Also keep in mind that:
- Marriage licenses are issued and valid immediately.
- Marriage licenses do not expire.
- A Marriage License must be obtained BEFORE the ceremony takes place.
- Blood tests are not required.