Recording and Filing
Starting Monday, August 29, 2022, the Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office, Recording and Filing Department will be closed every day between 12:00 PM and 1:15 PM, Monday through Friday.
The Clerk’s Office is happy to serve their customers during their business hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.
All public records are filed on the first floor in the Clerk’s Office. Indexes are available online under Document Search. Public Records include deeds, mortgages, liens, judgments, marriage licenses, maps and plats, and other public record documents.
Divorces and foreclosures are filed at the Second Judicial District Court.
The requirements to record a document are as follows:
- Recording fee is $25 per document payable to Bernalillo County
- Original document or certify copy if it’s a court document
- Signed and notarized (duly acknowledged)
- Full legal description of the property in Bernalillo County (if applicable)
- Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope
The mailing address to file documents is: P.O. Box 542
Albuquerque, NM 87103-0542