Become a Student Election Clerk
Help Your Community Vote – Student Election Clerk
Fair and honest elections are the cornerstone of our democracy. Our system of self-government depends upon citizens’ faith in the election system. We cannot do it without your help, and serving as an election board member is rewarding and fun.
Click here to Join the Team Today.
Earn a little extra cash!
Student election clerks are paid $35.00 for training and $150.00 for working Election Day.
- Gain real-life work experience (which may earn extra credit in government or civic classes, or on college admission applications).
- Fulfill an important civic duty.
- Meet and work with interesting people in your community.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the vote center.
- Check in voters.
- Help ensure a fair and accurate election.
Student Election Clerks are required to attend mandatory training before the election. Training provides the students with information about the election process, the importance of maintaining the integrity of the election, and their roles on Election Day.
Who can apply?
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 16 years old.
- Must have written permission from parent(s) or legal guardian, unless emancipated.
- Cannot be related to any candidate on the ballot.
- The student’s parent or legal guardian must reside in Bernalillo County.